Monday, April 13, 2009

Narendra Modi is the bad guy of politics: Shekhar Suman

Television star Shekhar Suman, who was earlier named as the Congress candidate from Patna Sahib seat in Bihar, Monday formally joined the party here and launched an attack on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi calling him a 'bad guy of politics'.
Shekhar refused to comment on Modi's remarks that Congress is a gudia (doll) party, saying, 'I react to only good people's comments, please.'
Shekhar joined the party in the presence of Iqbal Singh, party-in-charge of Bihar, and hundreds of slogan shouting and cheering supporters.
'I am here to serve the people by improving health, education and infrastructure, which are in poor condition in Bihar,' he said.
Patna Sahib is gearing up for a high profile contest with Shekhar taking on Bollywood veteran and Bharatiya Janata Party candidate Shatrughan Sinha.
Shekhar said that he plans to build a heart hospital in Patna. 'It is time to give back to my native place and make my father proud.'
'I dont know how much my father was happy after I joined showbiz instead of joining a medical college. After all he was a doctor, and as a father it must have been his dream to see me as a doctor. I will build a heart hospital to fulfil his dream and bring back the smile to his face,' Shekhar said.
Shekhar's father, Phanibhushan Prasad, and mother, Usha Prasad, live in Patna's Lohanipur locality.
Shekhar has appeared in dozens of TV shows including 'Dekh Bhai Dekh' and 'The Movers and Shakers' and dabbled in films like 'Utsav'.
Both Shekhar and Sinha belong to the Kayasth upper caste, which controls over 500,000 votes in the constituency. With caste playing a crucial role in Bihar politics, the Kayasth factor might be pivotal.

No comments: