Saturday, April 18, 2009

McCullum will do a good job as KKR skipper: Ganguly

Kolkata Knight Riders' Sourav Ganguly has said that New Zealander Brendon McCullum will do a good job as captain in the first match.
Speaking to Times Now in an interview, Ganguly said he had no clue about why controversies followed him.
"I do not know how it happens. I think god has given me good things. I played for India for so long and also captained India for a long time. So god's been kind," Ganguly said.
On KKR owner Shahrukh Khan saying he is the 'best captain in the world', Ganguly said: " I thank him for the compliment and hopefully we do well for the Knight Riders. I' sure McCullum is going to do a good job. He's young and he is a dynamic player. He is a good Twenty20 player so hopefully we will all do well." e also said that the team would try and do well in the second edition of the IPL.
"The team is in good shape. We had a training session in Bloomfontaine for about 10 days. I've been a part of the camp for nearly a month now starting from Kolkata. We have worked hard for it and now it is time to really do it," he said.

No comments: